Sunday, July 22, 2007

China Glaze: For Audrey

I've had this thing for Audrey Hepburn since I was a very young girl. There was something just so......elegant, flawless....and simply lovely. In my eyes she was perfect. She was the most beautiful person I had ever seen, and there she was....standing outside the door at Tiffany's. She was everything that every girl I knew had hoped to be. Later, when I found out about all of her contributions to UNICEF, and even starting her own foundation for children in need....I knew that I had found my idol. She will always remain a beacon of classic beauty and loveliness. I simply adore her. So when a polish was released just 'For Audrey' I HAD to have it.

This polish was inspired by those pretty blue boxes that one receives when purchasing at Tiffany's. I suppose they had the idea to have a tiny bit of that luxury in a nail polish. They had the right idea. What girl doesn't love Tiffany's? Though...few girls can ACTUALLY afford it.....China Glaze created For Audrey for the 'Something Blue' collection, which I was a bit confused by to be honest with you, because when I thought it was a wedding 'inspired' polish. Er...maybe it's just me....But anyway, after much searching, I couldn't find it on any discount online retailers, and going to the ebay scalpers is for the birds so, I knew I had to set off on foot to find it. Eventually I did, at a little hole-in-the-wall beauty store across from a Nordys. They had an ENTIRE box full of them....which I was SHOCKED to see after searching on the internet for as long as I had. I picked up a bottle for $4.99, which isn't terrible considering that I own a small collection of Chanel poshes, some of which I had paid over $30 for (Black Satin about a year ago, when black polish reigned supreme). BUT, you CAN get 'For Audrey' online, for as low as $2.99. BUT, they do sell out fast on retailers that actually carry China Glaze, so if you see it available, definatly grab it while you still can.


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

When I first got it, I thought it would be the PERFECT summer pedi polish. And, I was right.....to some extent. The color is gorgeous...not quite the 'Tiffany' blue it was inspired by, but close. This polish may be a little too grey-blue for some gals. I've read several other reviews this claim that the polish washes them out, especially when you want your pedi to stand out in the summer. I'm very fair skinned, and the polish came out to a milky turquoise color on my toes. It was pretty, but I wasn't too sure if I liked the color on or not. I had never tried a light blue/turquoise polish like this before, and it was a bit much for me at first. But, I picked up a pair of lovely silver metallic flats at Nordy's the other day, and when I wore them to work, I received many compliments on the color (pic above is color in indoor lighting)


Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

This polish is actually quite bland once indoors, or at least in my opinion. It kind of reminds me of the early ninties. Um....ew. But, in sunlight it's a lovely creamy blue, just like Tiffany's. Blue fans, definatly pick this one up. Lookin' for some adventurous new colors? Check it out. Lookin to complete the rainbow of yellow, orange, red, purple, blue, green...get it. But, your more classic pink/red/vampy girls....pass this one up. Also, if you're a woman of color lookin for some fun polish, I think that this pretty blue would look amazing against darker skin :)

No comments: