Friday, July 20, 2007

Lush Lip Squeak


My most recent obsession has been lipbalm, dunno why.....probably has something to do with the fact that the California Valley heat is just beginning and my lips have taken a beating....

So, here are just a small handfull of reviews of the small oasis of lip moisture that is is in the bottom of my purse right now

So, as shown right is Lush Lip Squeak lipbalm, which will cost you about $7.95. As a more $3-5 lipbalm kind of girl, this is pushing it. But, when a friend of mine would put this delicious smelling balm on, I could resist asking "where on earth did you get that?", she then intruduced me to Lush products....which Ive pretty much been obsessed with ever since. But anyway, as soon as she told me she got it there, I knew that I had to check it out. So, I drove over to my local Lush store, and when I got there....I couldn't remember the name of the balm for the life of me! All I could remember were the deep, rich notes of apples, cinnamon and vanilla! Luckily one of the clerks helped me find it when I described it for her, she knew right away that it was the lipbalm that was suitingly fitted in a little pink tin.

The lipbalm has a very smooth consistency, and glides on with ease. The smell is absolutely AMAZING.....it truely smells like apple pie a la mode! It's glossy for a balm, and could potentially be used instead of lip gloss if your prefer a more 'touchable' mouth look, which is much more natural. It moisturizes from the moment you put it on your lips, and stays there! The only problem is that, like a gloss, it doesn't absorb onto the lips like other balms do. So, when drinking from a water bottel, soda can, etc. it probably will smudge off. Which, for me at least is just another excuse to put more on (haha). But, another problem that I have heard of is the inconsistentcy of the products. Lush is an all natural line are pretty much homemade, which is to say that each and every little tin of lip balm ISN'T going to be exactly the same. A few of my girlfriends have found that some can be more 'vanilla-y' or thicker in consistency than others. Also, because of it's very intense smell, ladies or gentlemen that are sensitive to strong odors might want to try another balm.....

Overall Score: 8 outta' 10, baby!

No comments: