Thursday, August 30, 2007

Pooka.machine.- Pooka.gloss

I just recently discovered ETSY, which is an online retailer of home-made goodies for ridiculously good prices. All for that home-made feel, without the effort. :) But among the art, crafts, T's, etc, they actually carry homemade beauty products. Just so that all of you eco-friendly/vegetarian girls guys out there know, ALOT of their products are 100% vegan. In fact, they have an entire category dedicated to vegan-friendly beauty products (among other things also).

Pooka.Machine. makes 100% vegan beauty products and uses all natural ingredients. I picked up 3 of the 4 lipbalms that Pooka offers over at ETSY (the complete product line is NOT available YET at ETSY, but will be soon), and was won over immeadiatly with the ADORABLE packaging. Cute, Cute Cute!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I have to give Pooka a 10 outta' 10 for packaging! The tubes are atad smaller than your average lipbalm tube (shown in the picture below), but in my opinion make them much more jean-pocket friendly.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Okay, so onto the review! First up is the Peppermint Lipbalm, which once opened smells of hard peppermint candies. Sweet and refreshing for anytime of the day. The glide is smooooooth and moisture is instant. Pooka nailed that 'layer' of moisture that leaves your lips slick, not slippery or wet as with a gloss. Perfect for chapped lips. I wouldn't recommend this balm for flaky, very dry lips (perhaps for being out in the sun too long) because that 'slick' makes the little flakes of skin more apparent. But, after 5-7 minutes, the balm absorbs into the lip, still leaving lips soft, smooth and well moisturized.

Next is the Vanilla Lip Balm, which is meant to have more of a 'glossy, wet lip' effect compared to the others (according to the website, correct me if I'm wrong please). I'm not too sure about that to be honest, it appeared to have the same sheen as the others. But aside from that the lip balm was almost impeccable. I LOVED the vanilla scent. It reminds me of Vanilla Soymilk.....Vanilla IS a relaxing scent....but alot of the Vanillas we see on the market today are that more "Ice-Cream-y sweet Vanilla". Which is fine! Don't get me wrong, I love it as much as the next girl. But vanilla represented as relaxing, calm and comforting in this balm is soooooo underrated....it's a darn shame. Definatly pick it up as a nite-time balm, or just something to relax you during the mid-day blues.

Last is the Sweet Orange Lip Balm, which is another hit with me. It smells just like those little clementine oranges that we get in the summer time here in California......it's juicy and sweeeeeeeeeeeet. Definatly sexy, in an understated "I'm-just-drawn-that-way" type of sexy (props to Jessica Rabbit).

Overall, Pooka.Machine. Balm were fantastic. Probably some of the best quality that I've tried so far, and the packaging is something that a girl will WANT to be caught putting on......... I'm giving this one 9 outta' 10, I knocked off one point ONLY because it didn't contain SPF. Definatly try these balms out!

No comments: