Thursday, August 30, 2007

Revlon's Raisin Glaze


I suppose that me, and the rest of the world is looking for the "perfect" gloss. I suppose one that would suit each and every user's wants and needs, should it be patent-leather shine or full-on coverage. Gloss for me, is one of those lovely beauty basics. Although not classic like the "perfect" red lipstick, it is a more casual alternative to looking try-too-hard-glamorous when I go to work in the morning. Being LA born and bread, gloss is a staple as is, lets say.....a pair of jeans.

So, let me give props to Dain over at The Lipstick Page for showing me this hidden drugstore tresure! Revlon's Super Lustrious Raisin Glaze Gloss is STUNNING. Just as she described it, it was an apricot-y plum/brown. I know that it sounds strange, but the color is actually very beautiful. It sort of reminds me of the drugstore version of Chanel Glosses, (which are FABULOUS and worth the splurge) and has a gold base, which immeadiatly brightens the lip. Even my Manager (who is a former make-up artist) mistook the gloss for Chanel. The color, the texture, the lovely golden micro-fine glitter just screams luxury. Oh yeah, and it has SPF 15. Not bad.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket


It also looks quite intense in the tube, which I was intimidated of at first. But once applied to the lip it just deepened my pink lips natural color....quite sexy actually. Definatly a good buy, and I would HIGHLY recommend it for any redheads. Sometimes I find it so hard to find cosmetics that don't make me look like a french whore (because nothing looks worse than a read-head with electric blue eyeshadow or frosty-pink lipstick. ew.). It "compliments" my red hair and fair skin, instead of clashing with harsh, bright color. Nice.

No comments: